Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Ok so what happened to the Year?

Seems the last time I posted it was June, now I got one day and its Thanksgiving! I guess the best is to tell you what didn't happen. My main goal of the summer was to find a new home. I started out with an old realtor friend to assist us but found quite quickly that they just didn't understand our needs or my picky hubby. So, I went back to school for a few weeks and got my Broker license. In the state of Colorado you can be a agent or a Broker. Agent you are newer or you work for others, and a Broker you qualify to run an office or work on your own without a manager. Seeing as the classes I needed were the same in hours and this was the cheaper alternative, I choose to be a broker. I did sign on to a small office so I am her backup when she is out of town or in case of a emergency. Although, the TV states that Colorado is fairing well with the economy, we still have it tough here. If you have a job your a lucky person.

We spent all summer looking for just the right house and found one that suited the bill. It was a large home built in a smaller neighborhood that made it overpriced for the location, a bad builder mistake but great for the right buyer. I put in an offer with my manager as my license was not yet in place and some banks will not pay you if you are a agent. We asked for a quick reply as we needed to make quick plans to get the move done by end of summer. We waited two months longer than we had asked and in September they called and said they had accepted our offer.

I was so excited and knowing we would have only 30 days I started packing my house of all unneeded items. We finally got the paperwork from the agent and found the data was wrong. They said oh it was a mistake and they would resend. A few days later they said no it was a counter not a acceptance of the offer. I finally got a copy and was trying to get hubby to sign it on the last available day to sign it and we called to tell them that we were sending the papers. Now. The agent informed us that over the weekend an offer had came in and they had ACCEPTED it and so we were out. We lost the house. Now had the house been under a regular seller this could not have happened, but BANKS can do just as they please. My only consolation was that the buyers who bought it paid 190,000 more than I would have and boy did they pay too much. I think just like the last owner they think they can do repairs and resell it. Nope not for that kind of money. It had started out listing at 780,000 dollars and we would have paid 270,000. You see its all in the location. Had the house been a few miles in any other direction it could go for that much but not in the neighborhood that it is in. Houses there are at the most 170,000 in price and in Colorado location is everything. So with a half packed house and I admit a very pissed self I still have not moved. While we waited for this house all the others that may have been a good alternative sold as well. Now we are looking at 350,000 or more for a five bedroom house. Half of them are on small lots or the taxes are so high. More houses sold in Colorado this summer than the last five years. So were is the slow down economy? These homes are being bought by people who fix them up and resale them hopefully for a profit if the area is good that is all they need. In the meantime, my hubby's work is so slow I guess God knew that things were going to be tight and that is why things happened they way they did. I have been looking on my own now since I can again and things are just not what I want. I found one yesterday that would work it is smaller than I would like and it needs two more bedrooms but it has a large yard that could be built on. Now to get hubby to go look.
Suhayl and Aieysha are home study now which if you are not familiar with the concept you teach your children at home. I found an online school but it was too hard with Aieysha's learning disability so I am teaching her myself. Suhayl had one year and he was just so tired of struggling so I am working with him to finish too. Suhayb will finish school in January I hope. That will leave two in school. State laws say the children have to go to school until age 16. Suhayl would do well in College if he can choose the subject of study so I will work on a GED for him. Aieysha will learn basic skills and home skills and I guess she will make a good wife one day but I just don't see her beyond high school. Her disability puts her equal to a third or fourth grade student and that is a struggle for her most days. But we will do what is best for her to make it in life.
I didn't get to Libya this year either as I would have liked. I guess I will hope that next year will be better. I want to take a online course in furniture recovering. You can find nice pieces sometimes that just need a new cover and I would like to do that. I found a class that is 300.00 to study and have all the tools. I will have to see what the next year brings. Things are still tight in the automobile industry. Thankfully my hubby works for Nissan. The US auto industry is in trouble and who knows what will happen to people who work for them.
As for the new President elect Barack Obama, I could not be happier. I was raised in the south and it seems that some people have never came out of slavery mindset. Some days the nasty email I get just makes me wonder how far we have come? I hope for the best and for the status of our economy. Will a man who's father was Muslim help to make the situation for Muslims better? I don't know how many emails I got of stupid people thinking he was a undercover terrorist just waiting to take over the USA. Yeah right.
Well, I guess that is enough for now and I hope to post a bit more often. I'm always on the computer but its either Genealogy or Real Estate now so I don't have much time after I do homeschooling too now. Happy Thanksgiving for those who enjoy the day and for the rest of you a reminder that we are all one people and we all need to help the other to prosper.

No comments: