Monday, October 09, 2006

A Few Giggles


In going through the pictures I found a few more that I thought might bring a chuckle to everyone. My youngest daughter is the model for these fashions.

This is the way the older women dress throughout the day. A bolt of about 5 meters of fabric is wrapped around the body and over the head then around the waist. This is how the ladies spend the day dressed. A small housedress or frock is worn under it. The next photo is the school uniform. We bought this one for 5 dinars.

The next photo she was probably overdressed for. She was given a toy machine gun for her birthday present. Hummm maybe a female military officer uniform should have been the proper outfit? The toy lasted till the next day she kept on shooting her sister and the sound was so annoying her sister grabbed it and broke the trigger! Oh well they probably would have given us funny looks if we had it in our baggage.

Oh and I came across this pic of three beautiful Libyan Chicks! Hope you guys like this one.

Oh sorry I meant chickens!

Finally something to make your mouth water. Sorry I know everyone is fasting!This was the table they set for my son Suhayb when he was leaving. Yeah they feed him the day before we leave. No, in all honesty it was just my inlaws that were short in the food category. But oh well, that's water under the bridge now. Hey I also started another blog that lists things that I wished I had or had more of while I was there. If anyone thinks of something leave a comment and I will add it to the list. Its www.libyannecessities.blogspot.com , everyone's likely to have different experiences than I did but hopefully I can ease the suffering of at least one person.

1 comment:

L_Oman said...

Wonderful pictures, masha'allaah. You've painted a very clear picture from your stories when in Libya. I hope that you get to return and have a better time in the future, insha'allaah!