Sunday, October 08, 2006

GOLD Need I say More

I know there are hundreds of shops with gold around the cities but while I was there I stayed away from them. You could go nuts looking at all that gold. Now I get how those early goldrush men and women must have felt when they caught gold fever. So when I did finally go to one I took my camera along so I could photograph the ones I wanted or liked. So here are a few pics to entice everyone.

This is the set worn by older women. And it is made of real pearls and silver with goldplating. It is quite heavy and ran about 470 dinars. This set consisted of a head drape to each side of the face a necklace and a shoulder clip. The arm bracelet was new and was extra.




The next photo is the breast plate again with silver and gold overlay. The large medallions are coins that have been pressed flat. Sorry I could not rotate the photo. If I can figure out how I will fix it. But this goes to about your waist. And yes it is very heavy. Here is a photo of a bracelet.











Again that's what happens when you take long shots of a item. Included with these the ladies place long rings on their fingers that take up most of the finger. Here are some that I liked.


Well I hope you travel with lots of money when you go. I know that next time I will be more prepared. And ladies lets not forget our doweries for our daughters! I plan on buying each of these to put into our family gold collection so that they will have it when they marry. Hopefully you got a nice taste of the lovely quality of gold available in Libya. The shops are waiting.

3 comments:

Sandi said...

Is most of the gold there, silver with gold overlay? What about that beautiful bracelet, gold or overlay?

I love pearls, are pearls expensive there in Libya?

I love your post, sense of humor and knowledge, Sandi

old momma said...

Nope most of it is the real thing. I bought two necklaces and a pair of earrings there. I think just these speciality items. The set was all pearls and at 470 I think that was a steal in american dollars.

Sandi said...

OOOOOOOOOOOH MYYYYYYYY

THANKS FOR THE INPUT. SANDI