Monday, June 19, 2006

Our Goodbyes and See Ya later's

















Since we don't yet know if we will end up living in Libya, I have had a hard time in saying Goodbye to people. We are scheduled for a round-trip yet life there may be more than we ever imagine and so staying is an option.
I have two older daughters from my first marriage who are taking things in various ways. My oldest Rachael, has two children and has lived in Texas since the kids were born. I saw her last year when she remarried to a wonderful man named Dale. He loves her to no end. Rachael was also the child of my high school sweet heart and we found out 4 years ago that he was living in the USA again. He was never sure if he had a child as he left to the military when I was just 4 months pregnant. Well, last year he came to meet his daughter for the first time and walked her down the isle. Funny he hadn't changed a bit! I met his wife a lovely lady from Europe named Uba. Well needless to say they are both wonderful people. Recently they offered her assistance in buying a home so they decided that moving back to Utah would be great as this was were Rachael and Melissa grew up. They arrived last week. She has been showing her husband and my grandkids the town and even went to the old house and showed the kids her footprints in the cement on the driveway. And they even stopped in to Farr's Ice Cream Parlor for a scoop of shamrock mint and grape ambrosia.
My second daughter Melissa is having a bit harder time thinking about mom living overseas. She moved to me after my ex-husband died 7 years ago. She never really felt like home with us to many years of untruths had gotten in the way. So she left us and married a wonderful man as well, Mike. They live not to far from me but with work I rarely see them. As of yet she has no children and we talked about me coming when she does have kids so I can see them. To her I am dying. If I stay in Libya she will only see me occasionally and may never see all of her siblings again. She is dealing with this in her own way, yet I cannot begin to help her.
The older kids don't even want to think of staying, as they see life here as the only possible way to live. I want them to have family and with my family there is no family. So seeing my husbands family is the only hope I have for the opportunity of them understanding the bonds that can exist when families love each other. Military life was so much easier. You never had a choice you just did as you were told. Finally, I try not to say goodbye. Only see you later. I don't know what lies ahead for us only God knows that answer.
P.S. if for some reason anything happens to me or my family I am telling everyone that Rachael and Melissa have rights to the china cabinet and the hope chest my only worldly possessions. God forbid something were to happen but in this day and age it is better to plan ahead. And in the event of a major issue they are my power of attorney for all matters regarding our property and assets. All living children shall divide equally all assets and the older children shall have rights over care of the younger if they so choose or the younger children can remain with relatives in Libya. Let us pray that no problem as such arises yet to be prepared in case. And I have sent a link to this blog to each of my girls as evidence of this testimony.

2 comments:

Um Dania said...

i hope u enjoy your stay in my country Libya,, as for your other daughters; i hope you will invite them to visit Libya.
after all it is not a bad country to live in..
bye

Dania`s Mother
Rima

Anglo-Libyan said...

best of luck to you all Inshallah
imagine: maybe in a few months you will have us hooked on your blog just as Khadija Teri's :)