Thursday, June 08, 2006

Passports and Visas


Well even with planning ahead I guess we can expect a few roadblocks. The kids passports were sent out but they were not expected back until June 7th. Thankfully there was no more holidays to delay their return.
My visa on the other hand was another story. I sent it back to the embassy to ask for the stamping of my visa and was notified that they had no records of my visa application. So hey could I just redo all that again. NO. And as usual the lady who did know that it was done was on VACATION. So we had to wait till she returned. Then I found out that a 30$ fee was still unpaid from last year. So we sent that out. The kids got their passports just a expected yesterday and I put into a safe place their old ones and had them sign the new ones. As for travel, well with two delays that's another story.

Now we are headed out July 2, 2006. And will arrive July 3. Funny that's the day we buried my father 12 years ago. Aieysha wanted to buy fireworks to take to Libya but I told her the FAA would not allow it and since we would be in Libya till September 19th, we would see the Libyan independence Day on September 1st.

Our layover after leaving the USA will be in Schiphol, Amsterdam and I decided to Google some info on the city. Seems as it is famous for its urinals in the men's rooms.
See the small black spot? Well that's a fly painted onto the bowl. Guys just aim and shoot!! What mom wouldn't love a bowl like that for all the men in her house?
Well the next few weeks shall be packing and buying last minute items. And then we finally begin our journey.

No comments: