Saturday, July 08, 2006

Rooms with a View North

You wonder what the bird feels like sitting in her cage looking out at the world? Well, that is what it is like for many women in the world. Being a homebody isn't bad but some days a change of secenery is due. I woke up and had promised all week to take some more pictures of our home and surrounding area. I went to the windows of my second floor apartment and shot early morning views. So to the north, south, east and west here are my views. Not having a compass I can only go by the sun as I have seen it rise and fall so this is from the north my view off the balcony of my main livingroom. If you can see there is many homes as this looks out from what was a community well now gone dry. It is marked with the names of some of the children of the family so I guess this is the well my husband spoke of as hiding in so he would not be called for chores. There is a walking path that I have seen men walking through and hearding sheep. Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Sandi said...

I love the scroll work on the wrought iron and wood combination. I think I read somewhere that one of the trades there in Libya is ironwork?