Wednesday, July 05, 2006

D day arrived an we boarded the plane with 20 bags and 8 carryons. The flight was so long and we felt like sardines much of the way. Where are those big seats all the airlines talk about? We made it to Amsterdam without a hitch and that was the first place we could actually stop. Well we went to the lounge upstairs and tried to have a few minutes. Without euros I was stuck for food and on one flight we almost lost one of the carrybags. Thanks to God we had packed a bag with snacks. I sat in the lounge for a bit while the kids changed clothes and funny with all that i packed it seemed like nothing fit or could not find the clothes i thought I had packed. We went downstairs to see about changing money and the kids had put down the tickets! I sent two kids to look in the last place we had sat and I was freaked when they did not see the tickets so I went there and did not find them also. I started to cry. Stuck in Amsterdam! Some people figured out what I was upset about and said they had seen the cleaning people with a envelope! I found imformation and thank god the tickets were there.
Last leg of trip we finally arrived in Tripoli. I didn't think the Mediterainnian was so BIG! When we arrived over Tripoli all we could see was sand. Where was the green? When we got off the plane I was unsure of where to go and found some people who kind of gave directions. You know just go that way! After we passed through a door a man in Kacki pants started speaking to the boys and I had no idea what he wanted. Well they were looking for us as uncle Salem was there. We made it through locating all the luggage and got 4 cars to get us home. Half the men in the family had came. The trafic was another story one I am sure anyone here knows all to well. In America it would be like Nascar in New York with no traffic lights. Sorry, I did see two traffic lights in the full distance between Tripoli and our house.
We finally arrived and they hustled us through a door into a large area. Boy it was a big as our mosque inside. And my husbands mother and father were waiting inside with his sisters. Talk about tears of JOY. After like a thousand kisses we finally sat down. We got a short visit and they sent us upstairs to unpack and rest. Fatimah got the tour of the property and found all of grandpas chickens and ran one off the first day. I met it seems like a thousand people all relatives or relatives of relatives! One lady is 110. Well for some reason half of what I had just typed dissapeared. The house is got no fidge or stove yet so I have to go to the main level for now. And the leftovers go to the sheep and chickens. Well so much to say and do and see. Will get pics posted soon! You know how first few days are. Fatimah is already asked for by her auntie Khadijah for her cousin Mohammed hey he is 25 so I said ok but let her get a little bigger first. She said ok and proceeded to figure out who else gets who. Hey keep them in the family. Well our fun has just begun so keep looking for updates.

No comments: