Saturday, July 08, 2006

Views to the South

As I loaded this picture the speakers around me began to call the adan for morning salat. The first night I had barely slept from the roosters in the field and just as I was to sleep the adan was begun and it reminds me of how in the US we have sirens that sound around the city in the event of tornadoes. But this is a call to prayer. If you notice in this pic you can see a square box on the roof of the house in the distance. This is where water is stored for the home. If you have a well pumps pull the water to the roof where it is stored and then distributed throughout your house. Two days ago I was washing laundry and the water began to sputter. In a few minutes we were out of water. No one who spoke english was around so in bits of arabic I learned that my brother in law needed to prime the pump again and in about an hour we had water again. Thank god as I needed to finish laundry. Posted by Picasa

No comments: